Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Am I Wearing a MAN's Size???



I sold a pair of Freedom 2000's to a female customer the other day. She came back into the store yesterday very irate because I sold her a man's shoe! She was a woman's size 9 1/2 and we come in full sizes, but it so happens that a man's size 8 is the same as a woman's 9 1/2 so it was a perfect fit. She returned the shoes, not because they were uncomfortable but because they said men's 8!

Many of our styles are unisex, ranging from a women's size 5 to a men's size 14. Some shoe manufacturers make men's shoes wider than ladies, but that is not the case in Z-CoiL Footwear. Our goal is to ensure that the length and width are appropriate and that the shoe is adjusted correctly, allowing you to experience the pain relief that is possible. We run on the wide side, but we have ways to fit narrow feet and we have ways to deal with half sizes.

Leave the fitting to us! We will fit you in the appropriate size and discuss with you how they feel to make sure they are comfortable. Don't be hung up on what the shoe says. Each manufacturers sizing varies, so if you wear an 8 1/2 but I put you in an 8, it will be because it fits!

Till later,
Caesar...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny. I learned this lesson a long time ago. Women are always right. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Cesar,
My feet are so big I had to wait for them to invent m shoe size, a womns size 13m. This may sound like joke, go ahead and laugh... But I am almost 49 and was squeezing into a size 10 in 5th grade. I got a job in NYC simply because they sold size women's 10-14 and no one there wore that size. I was the bext sales person because I had patience and understanding. Ever woman that came in the store said the wore a 10 because that's the biggest size the knew. Most of them wore bigger than a 10 but didnt want to hear it. Women that have big feet do not want to know or want other people to know they wear a bigger size. But they dont want ugly or men's shoes more. ;0) So what I would say was this; "Let's forget about the size. Let's just find a a pretty shoe that you like that fits!" Then we tried on shoes until the fit, and then thy bought them, many of them. Usually 2-5 pairs because the never had the chance to do it, and no one spent so much time. Usually it was just an embarrassing and unsuccessful experience that ended up with a no shoes or cute shoes that didnt fit, or ugly shoes that did, but who cared? Now your customer's shoe size was not large by my standards but by hers. I have been wearing mens shoes since I was in elementary school. She was probabaly younger (?) and doesnt remember when all the cool shoes were guys and all the girls wore them. ;0)